5" LED Load Cell Weighing Process Indicator Model: HSI
The HSI digital display is an economical solution to display monitoring and control applications. With its large 4" tall digits it can easily be seen at distances of up to 150 feet. By using its menu, the HSI with one of four different signal conditioners can be programmed to display DC voltage or current, true RMS voltage or current, strain gauges, process signals, one of six thermocouple types, 100 Ohm platinum RTD’s as well as load cells. All this at the price of displays with much less capability! Input signals may be displayed as voltage or current or scaled five full digits from 0 to 99,999 to read directly in engineering units as ft-lbs, rpm, psi, etc. No calibration equipment is required when changing ranges; all ranges are digitally pre-calibrated at the factory. Temperature scales (Celsius or Fahrenheit) are selectable from the front panel.
The HSI makes 60 readings per second (50 for 50 Hz operation) for fast control response and true peak reading capability. An analog output accurately tracks the signal input. The meter has an adaptive digital filter that can automatically select the best time constant for minimum noise yet responds rapidly to an actual change in signal level. The peak value of the input signal can be displayed by a push of a button on the front panel. Auto tare allows the meter display to be set to zero for any input signal level.
The HSI provides an isolated 5, 10 or 24 VDC output to power strain gauges and transmitters, eliminating the need for an external supply.
The display has two alarm indicators with the setpoints programmed by front panel pushbuttons. Transistors or dual 10 amp relays may be added to provide control outputs. The outputs can be set to operate above or below the setpoint and in a latched or nonlatching mode. Time delays of the outputs are digitally selectable.
0 to 10V or 0 to 20mA (4-20mA) analog outputs are available to drive chart recorders, remote displays or for transmission to a central control room. The outputs are scaled through the front panel push buttons.
Adding RS-232 or RS-485 enables the meter to communicate with PLC’s or computers. Baud rates can be set from 300 to 19,200. Software provided with these options makes meter setup even easier.
With RS-232 or RS-485 Serial Communications installed, the HSI may be used as a Remote Display.
- Large Bright Display
- Easy setup
- Toll Free Technical Support
- Universal at dedicated meter prices: dc and ac Volts and Amps, Strain, Process, RTC’s, & Thermocouples
- 60 conversions per second for: Fast control response True peak reading Analog outputs that track the Input
- Scalable to 5 digits Engineering units to ±99,999
- Setup by front panel push buttons
- Worldwide Input power: 85 to 264 VAC and 90 to 370 VDC
- Isolated 10 or 24 VDC output Provides transmitter excitation
- Peak hold and auto tare
- Automatic, adaptive digital filter
- Plug-in screw terminals
- Dual setpoint Controller 10 Amp, 260 VAC relays or Isolated transistor outputs
- Isolated digital communications RS-232 for interface and meter setup
- RS-485 to Interface with multiple meters
- Baud rates from 300 to 19,200
- Parallel BCD output
- Isolated linearized analog outputs 0 to 10 VDC or 0 to 20 mA
- Isolated low voltage power supply 9 to 37 VDC and 5 to 28 VAC inputs
- Isolated 10 or 24 VDC output