Load Cell Controller / Panel Mount Meter Model: VPI
The VPI is a low cost solution to a wide range of monitoring and control applications. By simple front panel push button setup, one meter with a universal signal conditioner can be programmed to display DC or AC voltage or current, any of 6 popular thermocouples types, 100 Ohm platinum RTD's, strain gauges and process signals. All at the price of a single function meter!
Input signals may be displayed as voltage or current or scaled five full digits from 0 to 99,999 to read directly in engineering units such as ft-lbs, rpm, psi, etc. No calibration equipment is required when changing ranges; all ranges are digitally pre-calibrated at the factory. Temperature scales (Celsius or Fahrenheit) are selectable from the front panel.
The VPI makes 60 readings per second (50 for 50 Hz operation) for fast control response, true peak reading capability, and an analog output that accurately tracks the signal input. The meter has an adaptive digital filter that can automatically select the best time constant for minimum noise but yet responds rapidly to an actual change in signal level. The peak value of the input signal can be displayed by a push of a button on the front panel. Auto tare allows the meter display to be set to zero for any input signal level.
The VPI provides an isolated 10 VDC or 24 VDC output to power strain gauges and transmitters, eliminating the need for an external supply.
The meter has two alarm indicators with the setpoints programmed by front panel pushbuttons. Transistors or dual 10 amp relays may be added to provide control outputs. The outputs can be set to operate above or below the setpoint and in a latched or non-latching mode. Time delays of the outputs are digitally selectable.
0 to 10V or 0 to 20mA analog outputs are available to drive chart recorders, remote displays, or for transmission to a central control room. The outputs are scaled through the front panel push buttons.
Adding RS-232 or RS-485 enables the meter to communicate with PLC's or computers. Baud rates can be set from 300 to 19,200. Software provided with these options makes meter setup even easier. Three state, parallel BCD outputs are also available.
- VPI Brochure 97kb
- VPI & ZPI User Manual 1.27mb
- Serial Communications Manual 257kb
- VPI-LOG DataLogger Software Brochure 574kb
- Bright LED display .56"
- Isolated 10 or 24 VDC output provides transmitter excitation
- Easy setup
- Peak hold and auto tare
- Toll free technical support
- Automatic, adaptive digital filter
- Worldwide input power: 85 to 264 VAC and 90 to 370 VDC
- Scalable to 5 digits engineering units to ±99,999
- Universal at dedicated meter prices: DC and AC Volts and Amps, Strain (Load cells), Process, RTD’s, Thermocouples
- 60 conversions per second for: fast control response, true peak reading, analog outputs that track the input
- Dual setpoint controller 10 AMP, 260 VAC relays or isolated transistor outputs
- Isolated digital communications RS-232 for interface and meter setup RS-485 to interface with multiple meters baud rates from 300 to 19,200 parallel BCD output
- Isolated linearized analog outputs 0 to 10 VDC or 0 to 20 mA
- Isolated low voltage power supply 9 to 37 VDC and 5 to 28 VAC inputs isolated 10 or 24 Vdc output